Voip-Pal.com Inc. Strengthens the Breadth and Depth of Its Patent Holdings
BELLEVUE, Wash., April 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Voip-Pal.com Inc. (“Voip-Pal”, “Company”) (OTCQB:VPLM) continues to have success in strengthening its worldwide patent portfolio.
“The Company’s diligent efforts over the years to protect its technology have continued to pay dividends as many new patents have been granted by the USPTO since 2017. We also expect that additional patents will be granted in coming months,” said Emil Malak, CEO of Voip-Pal.
Examples of Voip-Pal’s recent and soon-to-issue patents include:
- U.S. Patent No. 9,537,762, issued January 3, 2017, generally relates to classifying a communication as pertaining to a first or second network based on attributes associated with a first party to the communication and classification criteria which may include whether a second party to the communication is registered with the system.
- U.S. Patent No. 9,549,071, issued January 17, 2017, generally relates to lawfully intercepting Voice Over IP (VoIP) and other data communications.
- U.S. Patent No. 9,565,307, issued February 7, 2017, generally relates to emergency assistance calling for communications systems.
- U.S. Patent No. 9,813,330, issued November 7, 2017, generally relates to classifying a communication as a system communication or external network communication based at least in part on comparing attributes associated with a first participant in a communication with an identifier associated with a second participant.
- U.S. Patent No. 9,826,002, issued November 21, 2017, generally relates to classifying a communication s a system communication or external network communication based at least in part on a new second participant identifier produced by processing a second participant identifier based on a first participant’s attributes.
- U.S. Patent No. 9,935,872, issued April 3, 2018, generally relates to using at least one first participant attribute to determine whether a communication initiated from a first participant device to a second participant device is allowed to proceed, and if it is allowed to proceed, whether it should be routed to its destination via a first network element or a second network element.
- Forthcoming U.S. Patent No. 9,948,549 (scheduled to issue on April 17, 2018) generally relates to classifying a communication as a system communication or external network communication and producing a routing message based at least in part on a new second participant identifier produced by processing a second participant identifier based on a first participant’s attributes.
Mr. Malak added, “While the scope of our patents cannot be captured in a brief summary, suffice it to say that we have received many positive comments about the depth and breadth of our U.S. patent portfolio. We have also been successful in obtaining patents in a number of other countries, including India and Europe where we have a pending patent application that is ready for grant. As we seek to monetize our portfolio, we believe our patents will be of interest to many large companies that provide network-based communication services.”
Mr. Malak continued, “Four years ago, we had only five original U.S. patents in our portfolio. Today we are up to twenty total issued or allowed patents. We want everyone to know, in particular the companies that may be using our patents, that we are not going away. On the contrary, we are continuing to strengthen our patent portfolio to increase the potential for monetization. Patience is a virtue.”
For more information on Voip-Pal’s patents please visit www.voip-pal.com/patents-detail
About Voip-Pal.com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com, Inc. (“Voip-Pal”) is a publicly traded corporation (OTCQB:VPLM) headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. The Company owns a portfolio of patents relating to Voice-over-Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) technology that it is currently looking to monetize.
Any forecast of future financial performance is a “forward looking statement” under securities laws. Such statements are included to allow potential investors the opportunity to understand management’s beliefs and opinions with respect to the future so that they may use such beliefs and opinions as one factor among many in evaluating an investment.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
IR inquiries: IR@voip-pal.com
IR Contact: Rich Inza (954) 495-4600
[ Back To Conferencing Zone's Homepage ]