Comings & Goings: Glowpoint Nominates Two New Members to its Board of Directors
Glowpoint, Inc. provides video collaboration, support services and unified communications strategies for more than 600 organizations in 96 countries. As organizations continue integrating smart mobile devices they will need unified communications solutions in order to effectively collaborate with everyone within the company as well as customers and business associates. The recent nominations of James H. Cohen and Patrick Lombardi to the Board of Directors illustrate Glowpoint’s continuing effort to acquire the right talent to leave its mark on the video collaboration segment.
The announcement of the nominations from Glowpoint came after the resignation of two of its board members, Jon DeLuca and Grant Dawson. Once Mr. Cohen and Mr. Lombardi are elected at the 2014 annual meeting of stockholders they will be part of the company.
Mr. Cohen is AB, cum laude graduate of Princeton University and received his JD degree from NYU School of Law, and his previous experience includes:
- Consolidated Graphics, Inc., Executive Vice President - Mergers and Acquisitions (corporate development).
- Baker Botts LLP, Corporate Lawyer – represented clients in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and general corporate matters.
- Main Street Capital Partners, Managing Director and Principal – sourced, structured and executed investments in various fragmented industries.
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, Corporate Lawyer – M&A, private equity; NYC and London offices
- Morgan Stanley financial analyst
Mr. Patrick Lombardi also brings extensive experience to the table. It includes global communications, which will be essential as the company looks to expand its presence around the world. Mr. Lombardi's experience includes owning PJL Associates, Inc., a successful consultancy company providing strategic insights to global communication service providers. Additionally Mr. Lombardi has served on the Board of Directors of Jones Intercable Inc., Bell Cablemedia plc and as Chairman of the Audit Committee of Raindance Communications, Inc.
"On behalf of Glowpoint and the entire Board I want to express our appreciation for Jon's and Grant's service to the Company. Their contributions have been highly valued, and I wish them the very best in future endeavors. I am pleased to welcome Jim and Pat to the Board of Directors and believe they bring a valuable perspective to both the Company and shareholders alike," said Peter Holst, CEO and President of Glowpoint.
Edited by Maurice Nagle