Plantronics Launches New Audio Experiences to Let Runners, Travelers and Gamers Hear What Truly Matters
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Sept. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) today launched the holiday shopping season with its most expansive consumer product launch to date with eight products across the BackBeat FIT, BackBeat GO and RIG PRO lines. These products deliver consumers new, immersive audio experiences, so they can hear and enjoy what matters most – from music to phone calls to gameplay.
Runners, students, fitness enthusiasts and active people of all stripes should put the new BackBeat FIT 3100 on their wish lists. This headset delivers legendary Plantronics audio quality and uniquely boasts the Always Aware™ feature that enables outdoor enthusiasts to “hear what truly matters” – like taxi horns, barking dogs or screeching brakes – during their workout. These true wireless headsets have soft, flexible earbuds that actually fit and hold comfortably no matter the activity, so they’re durable, safe and stylish. The BackBeat FIT 3100 is the must-have true wireless headset this holiday season.
For travelers dealing with noisy airplanes, airports or public transportation, Plantronics is launching the BackBeat GO 410 earbuds. Travel can be exhausting, loud and very distracting, but the comfort and calm of Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) headphones have been priced out of reach for too many. Now, the BackBeat GO 410 provides over-the-ear comfort with up to 12 hours of extended battery life and ANC in a sleek form factor at an unexpectedly affordable price. Travelers can now hear what truly matters – not their chattering seatmate or the chimes and pings of a game played on a mobile device in the row behind on daily commutes or 10-hour flights.
“People expect more than just sound from their headsets. They expect clear, simple experiences that make their days better and more enjoyable whether they are running, playing Fortnite or traveling across the country or world,” said Tanguy Leborgne, general manager, Plantronics Consumer Group. “I just completed a marathon near Mount Kenya in Africa using a BackBeat FIT headset because what mattered to me was making ure only people were chasing me, not wild animals.”
Gaming is another huge area where Plantronics offers competitive gamers a new level of hearing what matters. Whether they are playing Overwatch, Fortnite or Call of Duty, gamers know that sound quality can be the difference between winning or losing a match. The new Plantronics RIG 300, RIG 400 PRO and RIG 500 PRO Series headsets continue the legacy of the RIG family of gaming headsets, and are used worldwide by professional gaming leagues and competitive voice gamers.
Consumers around the world can choose from this broad variety of new Plantronics headsets to meet their personal style, preferences and desired experiences. These new headsets deliver the quality Plantronics is known for in terms of durability. In addition to the true wireless BackBeat FIT 3100 and the noise canceling BackBeat GO 410, Plantronics is also introducing the following headsets:
- BackBeat FIT 2100 – is the newest version of the consumer favorite BackBeat FIT. Runners and active people across the globe know and trust the quality and durability of this wireless headset. The new 2100 improves a person’s experience with the Always Aware™ design.
- BackBeat FIT 350 – delivers another wireless wearing style option for gym-goers with stability and up to six hours of listening time, optimized for situations where you want to hear your music – not the grunting of the power-lifter nearby.
- BackBeat GO 810 – are wireless, over-the-ear headphones that pack up to 20 hours of listening time for commuters and travelers, so they can focus on what matters amid the clamor of an airport, an airplane, commuter bus or subway.
On the gaming front, sound plays as important a role in gameplay as the graphics. Gamers look for whatever advantage they can find, whether they are competing in an eSport tournament for rank or prestige or playing with friends for fun. Competitive gamers at all levels have three new Plantronics RIG Series headsets to elevate their game, audio experience and a chance at winning, whether playing on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or a PC.
- RIG 300 Series – is designed as a premium, first headset for the growing gamer. The lightweight, comfortable open earcups deliver immersive audio experiences for kids and adults no matter the game, and our SoundGuard technology enhances the audio experience by ensuring a maximum volume of 118dB.
- RIG 400 Series – is for truly competitive gamers with the patent-pending RIG Game Audio Dial that enables you to adjust the audio intensity and experience without taking your hands off your controller. The dual-material ear cushions are comfortable and block outside noise, so the focus remains on the game.
- RIG 500 Series – is built for the most demanding gamers and high-resolution gaming platforms. Gamers enjoy high-fidelity audio through an exoskeleton earcup design that improves comfort, reduces noise distractions and gives you THE advantage over your competitors.
If consumers don’t want to wait for Santa to deliver their new Plantronics headset, they are available at leading retailers worldwide like Best Buy, Amazon, Harvey Norman, JB HiFi and many others including Plantronics.com. Please check with your local retailer to see if they are carrying these hot holiday gifts.
- BackBeat FIT 3100 is available in the U.S. today in two colors, Black and Grey for $149.99 USD.
- BackBeat FIT 2100 is available in the U.S. today in four colors, Black, Grey, Blue and Lava Black for $99.99 USD.
- BackBeat FIT 350 is available in the U.S. today in three colors, Black/Grey, Grey/Bone and Grey/Blue for $79.99 USD.
- BackBeat GO 810 is available in the U.S. today in three colors, Graphite Black, Navy Blue and Bone White for $149.99 USD.
- BackBeat GO 410 is available in the U.S. today in two colors, Graphite and Bone for $129.99 USD.
- RIG 300 Series for use with Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and Windows 10 is available in the U.S. for $39.99.
- RIG 400 PRO HC for use with Xbox One and Playstation One for $59.99.
- RIG 500 has four models available with the PRO HX for Xbox One for $79.99, PRO HS for Playstation 4 for $79.99, PRO for $99.99 and PRO Esports Edition for $149.99.
Plantronics is an audio pioneer and a leader in the communications industry. Plantronics technology creates rich, natural, people-first audio and collaboration experiences so good ideas can be shared and heard—wherever, whenever and however they happen. The company’s portfolio of integrated communications and collaboration solutions spans headsets, software, desk phones, audio and video conferencing, analytics and services. Our solutions are used worldwide by consumers and businesses alike and are the leading choice for every kind of workspace. For more information visit plantronics.com.
Plantronics is a registered trademark of Plantronics. The Bluetooth name and the Bluetooth trademarks are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and are used by Plantronics under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Senior Manager, Communications
[ Back To Conferencing Zone's Homepage ]