Echo, Delay, and Voice Quality Analysis Over Wireless and Wired Networks
GAITHERSBURG, Md., Sept. 06, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GL Communications Inc. a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, announced today insight into our Echo Measurement Utility Software (EMU) that measures Echo Path Delay (EPD) and Echo Return Loss (ERL) of voice calls. Echo can be as simple as sidetone, or more complex such as line echo or acoustic echo. The EMU when combined with GL’s VQuad™, T1 E1 Analyzers, MAPS™ Emulators, or Voiceband Analyzer, additional voice quality metrics such as round-trip delay (RTD), voice quality, and noise can also be measured.
[See the complete illustration here: https://www.gl.com/images/echocan.jpg ]
[See the product announcement newsletter: - https://www.gl.com/newsletter/echo-delay-and-voice-quality-analysis-emu-newsletter.html ]
[Download high resolution image here: https://www.gl.com/images/echocan-hd.jpg ]
Speaking to the press, Mr. Robert Bichefsky director of GL Communications Inc said “To provide a comprehensive assessment of voice quality irrespective of network type, GL has various tools combined together into one integrated platform consisting of VQuad™, Dual UTA HD, T1 E1, and WebViewer™. This platform provides the ability to make VoIP, TDM, and Mobile calls from any fixed or mobile location. All interface flexibility is provided (2-Wire, 4-Wire, VoIP, TDM, and Mobile) within the Dual UTA and USB T1 E1 Analyzer. In addition, VQuad™ provides algorithms for signaling, voice transmission, and voice quality assessment. WebViewer™ provides the central point where voice metrics are stored and displayed through a WEB interface.”
He further added, “ Echo Measurement Utility (EMU) software within this architecture provides a means to assess sidetone, line, and acoustic echo and corresponding delays. EMU is an offline adjunct analysis application (under control of VQuad™, or as stand-alone) that compares the source and received files to determine echoes and delay of echoes. GL’s EMU can also seamlessly work with other GL intrusive capture tools such as MAPS™ Emulators and T1/E1 Analyzers.”
- Echo, delay, and voice quality analysis of voice calls in VoIP, TDM, 2Wire, 4Wire, and Mobile networks
- Measures EPD in msec and ERL in dB
- Compares source and received files to determine maximum of 4 echoes
- Ability to automate the entire test process using VQuad™ scripting including sending the results to the central database for access via GL’s WebViewer™
- EMU uses EMU Client software to automatically detect the incoming degraded voice files and send the measurements to database after analysis
- Detailed offline analysis
- Detect Acoustic/Line (Hybrid) echoes and evaluate intermittent echoes
- Graphically displays source signal, received signal, error signal, and adaptive filter coefficients
- Allows zoom-in on each graph, and exporting snapshot of these graphs to a file for later analysis
- Calculates adaptive filter coefficients and echo characteristics for the error signal
- Speaker option to play the audio files (intrusive and non-intrusive)
- Option to zoom-in on any particular echo to investigate further
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications Inc is a global provider of test and measurement solutions and has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors, service providers, and system integrators to meet the testing requirements arising at various stages of telecom products development life cycle.
GL offers a broad set of test solutions that help perform all types of testing on networks, from initial system design, to fine-tuning, troubleshooting, live deployment, and monitoring. The products are widely used to verify and ensure 'quality and reliability' of Wireless (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, IP, TDM, and PSTN networks.
GL core product development is backed by a strong team of R&D experts to match evolving market and technical challenges in a most cost-effective and innovative way.
Media Contact: - email@example.com
[ Back To Conferencing Zone's Homepage ]