N.L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research All Set to Launch its School of Quantitative Science
MUMBAI, India, December 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Technology is making sweeping changes in businesses globally, requiring managers with newer skills and strong understanding of technologies. In India, many of the business graduates fall short of this requirement leading to long gestation in employment and lower return on investment made in the education. MBA education in US universities is increasingly re-orienting itself to incorporate the needed changes, whereas Indian universities are lagging far behind. Courses like MS in Business Analytics, MBA - Technology Management have recently been added as degree courses by renowned business schools, and even within the traditional MBA program, greater emphasis is being laid on technologies.
(Photo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/607583/Niranjan_Dalmia_educational_society.jpg )
For instance, even the newly launched undergrad business program at a leading Indian B-School has over 4 courses in pure computer science. If the institute has to stay relevant, there is a need to bring in changes which will improve the core skills of the graduates and at the same time make them more relevant for current and emerging job market in India.
Director - N. L Dalmia spearheading the School of Quantitative Science, Mumbai, Dr Raja Roy Choudhury says, "As business move away from 'gut-feel' based decisions to data-driven-decisions, it is imperative that our new manager knows how to harness the benefit of technologies."
The Global management education is thus undergoing a tectonic shift from a generalized liberal program to a technological skill based approach. Commonalities in Maths-Stats-Computer Science-Electronics are increasingly becoming inter operative and a new discipline popularly known as "High Tech Management" is emerging. Most of the traditional decision making is shifting twards Analytics and thus leading to the emergence of Data Science. In order to fill this significant GAP in learning outcomes and desired skills, N.L Dalmia envisions to launch their prestigious School of Quantitative Science
N. L Dalmia School of Quantitative Science
The institute has initiated a change and is transforming itself into India's premier institutes offering courses in Digital Marketing, Advanced Analytics and Information & Cyber Security. With the launch of the School of Quantitative Sciences, the institute has embarked on a mission to establish a cutting-edge in these emerging domains. With the advent of Big Data and Digital Marketing, the institute aims to germinate managers who will be tomorrow's leaders.
N. L. Dalmia School of Quantitative Science will provide the following courses:
- Post Graduate Program in Big Data with SAS: The institute, collaboratively with the technological partners SAS, will train students to become core data scientists. The course will encompass AS programming, Introductory Statistics, Data Management & Manipulation, Data Quality, Working with Hadoop, Hive & SAS and Data Visualization.
- Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics with SAS: Will be taught collaboratively with SAS, the program will include several applied analytics modules to train students to apply machine learning in business.
- Post Graduate Program in Fintech with Imarticus: The course will provide aspirants with end to end understanding of the FinTech sector, components of the ecosystem, potential impact, along with frameworks to enable Fintech innovations, driven by a case study methodology. With technology partners Imarticus Learning, Trains students to become Investment Managers, Hedge & Mutual Fund Managers, Forex Dealers, Algorithmic Trade Scientists
- Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing and Metrics: Under the guidance of industry experts with more than 15 years of experience, the course will aim to train students to become Digital Marketers, Web / Mobile Applications Developers and Web Data Analysts.
- Post Graduate Program in Information and Cyber Security with Pristine InfoSolutions: Afirst of its kind program in India, the course gives students a unique opportunity to develop their careers in ethical hacking and cyber security. The course would holistically cover everything right from the basics of penetration testing to cyber laws and train students to be ethical hackers and Security experts.
Learn from the best minds with over 15+ years of industry &Quantitative Science Management experience. The courses offer the perfect blend of conceptual classroom teaching and practical business applications.
The entire course would be holistically covered through:
- Extensive Conceptual Classroom Teaching.
- Interactive Webinars/Video Conferencing with Top Industry Experts and International Faculty.
- Live Capstone Projects.
- Industry Exposure in the form of Paid Internships.
Notes to Editor
About N.L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies & Research
N.L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research (NLDIMSR) was established in the year 1995 by the Late Shri Niranjanlalji Dalmia with a vision to become a World Class Management Institute. Currently, NLDIMSR ranks amongst the top B-schools of India and is one of the most preferred business schools in Mumbai. The institute offers a plethora of academic services including Full Time and Part Time Post-graduate management courses, Global MBA Programs and the latest one - Post Graduate Programs in Quantitative Science.
Dr. Raja Roy Choudhury
N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
[ Back To Conferencing Zone's Homepage ]